Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    illa
    Participant

Ali ‘Dadi’ Asgar turns 49: Lesser known facts about the actor

Be it prioritizing comic roles over others, or maintaining his youthful and lively on-screen image, this brilliant TV actor, host and a witty stand-up comedian has carved a very special niche for himself. Today, he is a famous face of Indian television and film industry. As Ali ‘Dadi’ Asgar turns a year older today, here are some known and lesser-known facts about him…

We all know him as Dadi in ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’. Ali was born on July 25th, 1966. He started acting when he was in tenth standard. A graduate in Political Science, Ali has completed his further studies in Hotel Management and pursued the course of catering.

After completing his post graduation, Ali got an opportunity to work for a hotel abroad which he refused and stayed back with his family. As he is the only son in his family, his parents didn’t approve of it. During the same time, Ali started getting offers from the entertainment industry.

Ali started his TV career with ‘Ek-Do-Teen-Chaar’ on Doordarshan. Ali’s career zoomed with shows like ‘Ghauranda’, ‘Parampara’, ‘Kartavya’, ‘Karz’, followed by Balaji’s ‘Itihaas’, ‘Kutumb’, ‘Hum Paanch-Season 2’ and ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’. Out of all these TV series, he gained much popularity by playing Kamal in ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’.

Currently, he is winning millions of hearts with his character of Dadi in ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’. Also it is an interesting fact that Ali will be the first celebrity to be roped in for Yogesh Sarkar ka Magic Show, J.D. Majethia and Ashish Kapadia’s upcoming venture on SAB TV. The show will feature a celebrity in every episode.

Ali has many claims to fame. He has been the winner of ‘Comedy Circus 1’ with Kashif Khan and ‘Comedy Circus Ke Taansen’ with Kapil Sharma. Ali is known for portraying mostly female characters in these comedy shows.

Ali, who plays the ‘drunkard dadi’ in CNWK, doesn’t smoke and drink in real life. He accepts that the only vice he has is that he eats a lot.

Ali has worked in quite a lot of films like ‘Joru Ka Gulam’, ‘Josh’, ‘Shadi No.1’, ‘Tees Maar Khaan’ and a lot more, leaving his mark everywhere. Reportedly, he was even offered a role by Salman Khan in the blockbuster film ‘Kick’ but due to lack of dates, he could not take up the role.

Ali is married to Siddika Asgar and this adorable couple is blessed with two children – son Nuyaan and daughter Ada (in the picture above). “My kids brought stability to my life and from being a very bad planner, I changed around completely. Now I have no wish in life, I only want to fulfill my children`s wishes”, quoted Ali in an interview.

For donning different hats, for leaving no stone unturned in entertaining us and for setting us on a laughter riot every time he is on screen, we have to admit that we are completely in love with Ali Asgar. Here’s wishing the super-talented lad a very happy birthday!

At last, we leave you with his hilarious ‘shagun ki pappi’ act because we know you just can’t get enough of Dolly Dadi.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 A Venture by Megri Soft Limited a 23 year old Web Company in Chandigarh

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?