Located on the banks of river Ghaggar in Panchkula, about 15 km from the main city of Chandigarh, Nada Sahib Gurudwara holds a great deal of reverence for the Sikhs. Visited by lakhs of devotees on the day of Poornima (full moon) every month, the Gurudwara holds Jor Mela, annually in September, in memory and honor of Guru Teg Bahadur, Banda Bahadur and Dargahi Shah Faqir. Legends hold it that Guru Gobind Singh and his followers, victorious from their battle with the Mughals, had rested at Nada Sahib Gurudwara for a few days. During his stay, Guru Gobind Singh and his army were taken care of by a Babu Nadu Shah. Pleased with Babu Nadu Shah’s services, Guru Gobind Singh blessed him, naming the spot after him. Years later, it was Bhai Motha Singh who built a shrine, marking the sacredness of the spot. Eventually the present day stately domed structure was built in 1956 and a 105 feet holy flag marks the site of the original shrine within the complex. Soon the Gurudwara will house a museum tracing the history of Sikhism.
After the glorious victory of Bhangani war against the Raja’s of Baaidharr. Dhan Dhan Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj , went from Bhangani to Paounta Sahib.While he was going from Paounta Sahib to Shiri Anandpur Sahib, on the way he went to Nahan, Toka Sahib, Rani Da Raipur and finally after Manak Tabra in 1687, he visited the land of Nada Sahib. At this time, guru ji was accompanied by his followers, warriors and horse riders. Here guru ji ordered his army to halt and rest for a while.