Search Engine Submission Tips
Common reasons why some sites are rejected by search engines
People ask us all the time how to verify if their site gets listed in the
search engines . you should also know that not all the
sites submitted are accepted by all the search engines as each search
engine may have a different acceptance criteria.
Here are some common reasons why your site may be rejected:
- You typed in the wrong URL, such as leaving out the "www"
- Some personal sites and free hosted sites such as those at AOL,
Geocities, Xoom, TheGlobe, Tripod, and AngelFire or any site with
"~" in their paths will have very tough time getting listed.
Some search engines such as Excite, AOL Netfind and Webcrawler
only index 25 sites per domain.
- Your page uses FRAMES, but you do not have a Nonframe section.
- You use invisible text or text which is the same color as your
background. This is considered spamming.
- Your keywords are repeated too many times, separated by commas.
This is also considered spamming.
- You are using very tiny text
- Your site was down when the search engine tried to visit it and
- You have too many sites listed (more than 25) or you submit your
site too often.
- Your page uses META Redirections or another redirection method.
- Your URL contains characters such as "?" or "&".
- Your site is dynamically generated via ASP, CGI or another method.
- Some search engines take as long as 2-4 weeks to list your site