Museum and Art Gallery
The Government Museum and Art Gallery, is located in Chandigarh city from partition time (1947). This museum and gallery is one of the leading institutions of India with a very prosperous anthology of Indian history. It consists of Gandharan sculptures, Rajasthani miniature paintings and also pahari paintings. This Museum and Art Gallery is situated in the heart of Chandigarh city. Corbusier himself designed this museum and building of museum is very attractive and eye catching.
The Museum was opened on the 6th May, 1968 under the proposal and active hold of Late Dr. M.S. Randhawa, well-known specialist and supporter of art, and after that Chief Commissioner of Chandigarh. This Museum is delimited with trees adding splendor to the campus. The huge area of the courtyard of the Museum is sprinkled with some modern sculptures appropriate for environmental display.