Chandigarh, known as “The City Beautiful” was the first planned city in India (post-Independence). Attractions of the city is the main reason why everyone love to visit Chandigarh once in a lifetime. However there are plenty of articles about the Chandigarh facts, but we assure the listed below are some interesting and unknown fact of city beautiful.
- As per the condition of architect Le Corbusier, here you will not found any statue in parks or at the roundabout
- According to a superstitious belief sectors in Chandigarh don’t have Sector 13, as the number 13 is considered Unlucky
- City came into existence at post-independence when Punjab needed a new capital instead of Lahore
- Chandigarh’s official emblem (Open Hand) signifies message “open to give and receive”
- Popular as “Pensioner’s Paradise City” as the most of the people are government officials(Base for three governments)
Le Corbusier referred Chandigarh analogous to human body, where ‘Head’ being Capitol Complex in Sector 1, ‘Lungs’ being the open space and greenery, ‘Heart being City Centre Sector-17,‘Circulatory System’ being the 7V’s and ‘Brain’ being the Educational Institutions.