July 19, 2015 at 1:53 pm #11051adminKeymaster
Meeting on Infrastructure Development in Industrial Areas under the newly launched Industrial Policy UT, Chandigarh 2015
I am writing to inform you that Mr Anurag Aggarwal, Home Secretary cum Secretary – Industries, Chandigarh Administration held a meeting yesterday to review the action points on Infrastructure Development in Industrial Areas under the newly launched Industrial Policy UT, Chandigarh 2015 at the office of DIC cum GM, DIC, Industrial Area, Phase-II, Chandigarh.
Representatives of the concerned Government departments and industry associations were present at the meeting.
The key takeaways of the meeting are as follows :
1. Industrial Development cum Facility Centre : Mr Aggarwal enquired the sectors of the user industries and mentioned that Administration would like to constitute a committee of the user industries and handover the Center to them for running it.
2. Water Supply : Mr Mukesh Anand, Chief Engineer (Engineering), MC Chandigarh mentioned that if the water supply is made from 9 am to 6 pm, the existing supply in morning & evening would be stopped. Participants felt that it will not be appropriate. Accordingly, it was decided that the water supply would be made available for two additional hours (from 1200 noon to 1400 hrs) every day. Mr Mukesh Anand mentioned that to additional water supply would be made available within a month for Industrial Area Phase II & about two month for Industrial Area Phase I.
3. Electricity : Participants shared that there were no issues in terms of availability & quality of Power. Secretary-Industries advised that if in case there are any problems; industrialists can get in touch with Mr M P Singh, S.E. Electricity OP Circle, Engineering Department.
4. Roads : Participants shared the poor condition of the roads at various places. Secretary-Industries advised that the industrialists can get in touch with Mr Mukesh Anand / SDM East to inform the specific roads that need upgradation.
It was suggested that the road around the CITCO yard be made cemented. Secretary-Industries agreed to consider.
Slip roads around Elante Mall & Junction 39 were also discussed.
5. Parking : It was suggested that the vacant area adjacent to the DIC Office be converted into Parking. Secretary-Industries agreed to consider the same.
6. Sanitation : Mr Mukesh Anand suggested that workers be sensitized not to litter around the Industrial Area and Waste Bins to be put up by industries around their premises. He further mentioned that the names of sweepers etc would be put up in the Citizen Charter and made available to everyone.
Secretary-Industries suggested that the Cleaning of Industrial Areas could be managed by any of the associations. The MC would pay the Association the same amount, which is being paid at the moment. Participants mentioned that they would get back on the same.
7. Other issues like theft & encroachments near fire brigade and Sanjay colony were also discussed. Secretary-Industries advised SDM East to take appropriate action.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.