Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    huangjian1ges
    Participant

VANCOUVER http://www.minnesotawildteamshops.com/authentic-ryan-suter-jersey , British Columbia — The old adage about wine does not apply to the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames.While a bottle of red or white might get better with age, the Canucks and Flames believe they can only get better with youth. The predominantly young clubs, who both missed the playoffs last season, will begin to test that theory Wednesday night as the Canucks host the Flames in the National Hockey League season opener for both teams.“We are really young,” Vancouver center Bo Horvat, who was named an alternate captain Tuesday, told reporters. “We know where we are at. We know what people are thinking and saying about us, that we are going to finish at the bottom of the league. But that is great motivation to prove them wrong and a chance to prove ourselves this year.”Article continues below …Horvat is at the forefront of a Canucks squad that will try to make due without retired Swedish superstars Daniel and Henrik Sedin. And, the Canucks do have plenty to prove after going 1-6 in the preseason.The most notable — and only pure new — young addition is center Elias Pettersson, 19, the team’s 2017 first-round draft choice, who was named the most valuable player in both the regular season and playoffs while guiding Vaxjo to the Swedish Elite League championship last season.Pettersson produced 24 goals and 32 assists in 44 games in Sweden in 2018-19. Canucks management will be ecstatic if he can come close to producing similar production in 82 NHL contests.But Pettersson, a likely rookie of the year candidate, is trying not to put too much pressure on himself after a strong preseason.“I can only control what I do in the moment and not think what’s ahead of me,” the 6-foot-2, 175-pound Pettersson told reporters. “(My game is) getting better every day.”He will be the player without NHL experience in Vancouver’s lineup Wednesday, but the Canucks will give young wingers Nikolay Goldobin, Brendan Leipsic and Tyler Motte opportunities to secure permanent jobs after placing veteran forwards Sam Gagner and Darren Archibald on waivers earlier this week.“With these (other) young kids coming (up through the farm system) Brandon Manning Jersey Womens , this could happen more and more,” general manager Jim Benning said in reference to veterans losing their jobs.Meanwhile, the Flames will feature several new, mostly young faces against the Canucks. Calgary’s newcomers include defenseman Noah Hanifin and forward Elias Lindholm, who were acquired in the trade that sent rearguard Dougie Hamilton and winger Michael Ferland to Carolina, and rookie forward Dillon Dube and first-year defenseman Juuso Valimaki — draft picks who both cracked the team’s roster and will be in the lineup Wednesday.“What (Dube and Valimaki) are going to face (Wednesday) is the hardest competition they’ve ever faced,” Flames general manager Brad Treliving told Postmedia. “This is a real NHL game.”Dube, 19, who hails from the Calgary-area town of Cochrane, Alta., expects that he and Valimaki will be able to handle the hard going of the NHL regular season after they captained the Canadian and Finnish world junior teams, respectively, last winter.“Especially for me being from here, there’s going to be a lot of pressure,” Dube told reporters. “You’re lucky if you get to play with pressure because it’s means you’re in a good city and organization.” ST. LOUIS (AP) — David Perron had no idea what would happen when he became a free agent this summer. Then he got a familiar call.Perron’s NHL odyssey has taken him all over his native Canada and the United States. But he always seems to find his way back to St. Louis.The 30-year-old Perron is beginning his third stint with his first NHL team after signing a $16 million, four-year deal with the Blues. When it came time to pick a new home this summer, the veteran winger opted for an old one.“I definitely like the mentality here,” Perron said. “I like the way things are and obviously a lot of the same familiar faces in the management Womens Zach Parise Jersey , so yeah, it makes it really appealing to come back. I think I really enjoy the city for my family. It’s a city that when you get to know (it) you really enjoy.”Perron and his wife, Vanessa, have two kids; Mason, 3, and Victoria, 1. Mason just started preschool. Victoria was born in St. Louis.“It’s the first time I buy a house in the hockey season, so to speak,” he said, “so we’re excited.”St. Louis is glad to have him back, too. Perron’s contract was part of an active offseason for the Blues after they fell just short of a playoff berth, ending a streak of six consecutive appearances in the postseason.“Bottom line is he’s here because he’s a good NHL player,” coach Mike Yeo said. “The track record is there. He did it with us two years ago. He did it last year in Vegas, and I think it makes us stronger from top to bottom.”Perron was selected by St. Louis in the first round of the 2007 draft and made his NHL debut that same year at age 19. He played for the Blues for six seasons before he was traded to Edmonton in July 2013.Following stints with the Oilers, Pittsburgh and Anaheim, he returned to St. Louis when he agreed to a $7.5 million, two-year contract in 2016. But the Blues left him unprotected for the expansion draft last June and the Golden Knights pounced.Perron’s season in Sin City was a memorable one. He collected 16 goals and a career-high 50 assists, helping Vegas win the Pacific Division. He had nine more points in the playoffs as the Golden Knights made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final before losing to Washington in five games.The experience in Vegas Cam Ward Jersey Womens , being part of a wildly successful expansion team, changed Perron’s mentality on what it takes to win in the NHL.“Just the way things were approached in Vegas, how loose we were, how much fun we had, and then we still found a way to get on the ice and take care of business and still have fun while doing it,” he said. “It’s definitely important. Sometimes you get too tense in a season. You overlook things. You overanalyze things and it’s definitely changed my perspective on things a little bit.”The Golden Knights’ run also shortened Perron’s offseason, and he noticed a difference early in training camp with the Blues. He was slowed by a groin and hip issue before making his preseason debut Tuesday night against the Capitals. He skated with Brayden Schenn and Jaden Schwartz before he got hurt, and then worked on a line with Tyler Bozak and Alexander Steen against Washington.Wherever he plays, the Blues think Perron will be a key contributor in a much deeper group of forwards compared to last season.“Highly skilled obviously, we know that,” Schenn said. “A right shot, which we badly needed. He’s able to make plays, see the ice very well, very skilled, so we’re looking forward to having him a part of our lineup.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 A Venture by Megri Soft Limited a 23 year old Web Company in Chandigarh

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?