Few states have their trust act to regulate its registration in that particular state. In case there is no separate act, the Indian Trust Act 1882 provides the following Process for NGO Registration as a trust:
• Initiate the process by preparing a trust deed that contains the following details
• Name and address of settlor and trustee
• Name of the trust with which it will be registered
• Objects of the trust
• Rules and regulations for trust operation
• Approach the trusted registrar along with documents. The settler must be physically present along with two witnesses along with their original Ids.
• Upon the completion of the registration process, Registrar then allots the registered copy of the trust deed along with the registration certificate.
Click here to know more – NGO Registration