To ensure the safety of passengers, the UT Administration have just approved a new policy for the internet taxis operating in Chandigarh- The City Beautiful. According to this now all taxix will have a Panic button installed, which will have a direct link to Police Control Room (PCR). So in case of any emergency you will get connected to police in no time.
Here are some additional policy rules, Have a look;
- Under new policy section taxi aggregators must have their vehicle car to be registered in commercial vehicle insurance which covers passengers.
- All taxix must have mobile charging points along with GPS
- 5+ years old cabs were not allowed
- All cars must display word ‘taxi’ in yellow colour.
- In case of updating fare, taxi aggregators must have to provide 30 days prior notice to STA
Also the UT administration have fixed Rs. 1000 quarterly fee for Cabs entering city from Haryana & Punjab regions.